Love Makes Families

Love Makes Families
A family of 8 due to the blessing of adoption!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

A baby gone too soon

God called one of his angels home today. His mission on earth was complete. He only needed a body because he was perfect you see. At 7 months old he returns home not required to endure the pains and sufferings of this life. He is in the loving arms of his grandpa in heaven. 
We miss you Christopher until we meet again.


by Edgar Guest
"I'll lend you for a little time a child of mine,"  He said.
For you to love - while he lives
And mourn for when he's dead.
It may be six or seven years
Or twenty-two or three,
But will you, till I call him back,
Take care or him for Me?
He'll bring his smiles to gladden you,
And should this stay be brief
You'll have his lovely memories as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise he will stay,
Since all from earth return,
But there are lessons taught down there
I want this child to learn.
I've looked this world over
In search for teachers true,
And from the throngs that crowd
Life's lanes, I have selected you.
Now will you give him all your love,
Nor count the labor vain,
Nor hate Me when I come to call to
Take him back again?"
I fancied that I heard then say,
"Dear Lord, Thy will be done,
For all the joy Thy child shall bring,
The risk of grief we'll run.
We'll shelter him with tenderness,
We'll love him while we may,
And for the happiness we've known
Forever grateful stay.
But should the angels call for him
Much sooner than we've planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that come
And try to understand."

Thank You God for the blessing of this child in our lives.
Please keep my aunt and uncle in your prayers as they bury my cousin this week.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem...may we all appreciate our precious children and the time we have with them.

    ReplyDelete