Love Makes Families

Love Makes Families
A family of 8 due to the blessing of adoption!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

waiting and waiting and waiting part 3

On February 1, 2013 we got USCIS approval to adopt 2 kids.
I was over joyed.
That very same day I got the document apostilled and mailed our final docs to our boys' Country.
Less than 2 weeks later we were submitted for a signature to be granted our first travel.
About a week later we received word that the government was resigning and that our adoption would be delayed. I prayed more fervently than I think I ever had!!! I prayed and prayed and prayed and asked others to do the same. If we did not have a signature by Feb 28, 2013, we would be stuck waiting.
On Feb 27, 2013 we received word that they had verbally approved us, but they had not signed yet. I had one day!! 
On Feb 28th I received word that I had a signature!!! I could finally breathe again.

Now all I could think about was when I would get to travel.
We fought to get the funding we needed to pay final fees and have enough for travel. 
Luckily we had saved enough for almost our entire trip except airfare and we had enough in our grant fund to cover that. Our grant fund increased and we were able to pay our final fees also!!
I was so relieved!!!

We received a travel date for March 22nd and I went back to being unable to sleep.
Every night I would stay awake thinking of what it would be like to finally hold my boys. Imagining the love I would show them. Fearing the travel there. Hoping I was packing everything I would need. Afraid of the unknown then imagining the fear my boys will have coming home (sadly months later).

The 2 weeks prior to travel seemed like 2 years!!
I had hoped that after meeting my boys the waiting would be easier..... Oh how wrong I was.

I imagine how much my girls will love holding Adam and listening to him laugh. I imagine him laying on the floor and the girls showing him toys and singing to him and playing him music. I imagine waking up in the middle of the night and seeing him sleeping in his crib next to my bed. I imagine rocking him to sleep for the very first time. I imagine him having the ability to see clearly, hold his own head up, crawl, walk and meeting all the milestones he should have achieved years ago.

I imagine Matthias running and playing. I imagine him trying to keep up with his sisters. I imagine the joy of him swinging in a swing for the first time. I imagine him speaking his first words. I imagine him wrestling with his daddy. I imagine him hugging on his sisters and loving being part of a family. I imagine him eating solid foods. I imagine him going to school and living life to it's fullest. He is so full of life!!!!

I truly thought I would at least know when my court date was at this point, but I was wrong. 
According to the time line of many others, I should have my signature any day now..... within 2 weeks at the latest. I sure hope that is true.

Please pray that we get a signature and court date soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment