Love Makes Families

Love Makes Families
A family of 8 due to the blessing of adoption!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Heart Monitor no more

Well, As you all know, I was supposed to be wearing a heart monitor for 30 days.
On Monday 6 days in, I was not feeling well so I went to the doctor.
I had a sinus infection, post nasal drip causing tonsilitis, swollen lymph nodes, and a massive migraine. 
YAY! NOT!
Well to top things off I showed the doctor the location where I was wearing the heart monitor pads. I told him how they were red, hot and itchy. He looked at my skin and told me I was allergic to the pads used to connect the heart monitor. So, after seeing my regular doc, I went over to the cardiologists office. They gave me some knew hypoallergenic pads (latex free) and sent me on my way.

Yesterday, I was taking my heart monitor off to get in the shower. When I took the pads off, I had some pretty big blisters on my skin and it hurt so bad!!!
I went back to the cardiologist. They told me that I could no longer wear the heart monitor. so, 8 days in and I am done..... I'm pretty sure they got the info they needed.... Between the stress of the storm and being sick... I had a few incidence while on it :(

Thank You all for your continued love and prayers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment