Love Makes Families

Love Makes Families
A family of 8 due to the blessing of adoption!

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Will you join my colony?

Yes friends I am going to blog about bees. 
We had a lesson today in church that talked about bees and how awesome they are.
I want to share a few things about bees with you, but don't go running yet...I do have a point :)

Bees are the only insect that produce food for humans. 
Honey is considered to be the purest and healthiest food.
Honey is used as a food and for medicine.
A human could survive life on just honey.
Honey never goes bad.
Bees pollinate over 80% of vegetables in the US.
A colony of bees consists of 20,000-60,000 honey bees


Now think about how small a single bee is
If you were in a battle against a single bee, you would not be afraid.
You could stomp on it. It is so tiny and insignificant!
Now imagine a swarm of bees teamed together and coming after you....
They seem a bit more powerful don't they??


The craziest thing I learned about bees today is that in it's lifetime the average bee only produces 1/12th of a teaspoon of honey.

To put this in perspective... The average container of honey is about 16 oz which is about 96 teaspoons worth.

That means it takes 1,152 bees their entire life to make 1 container of honey. Crazy huh??

Similar to bees in a Colony making honey, people in the adoption community work together to bring home every child. It takes more than just a mom (Queen Bee ;) ) to rescue a child. Without the support of the adoption community, friends and family (the worker bees), we would not be able to bring our children home.

I have had many many people support our adoption and many people have given way more than their 1/12 of a teaspoon, but sadly our bottle is not full yet.

The say it takes 1,152 bees to fill a bottle of honey. I can handle that.... Do you think we can get 1,152 people to put in their 1/12th of a teaspoon to bring our boys home??

We still need about $8,000 to bring our 2 boys home..... That is about $7 per person if we get 1,152.
Honey bees live only about a month, so let's just say that each month you get a new life...
So, maybe it would be easier to get 288 people to donate $7 a month for the next 4 months...
April, May, June and July or even August.

Since I am all about adoption, I would like to adopt you into my Colony.
Will you be part of my colony??
Can you commit $7 per month for 4 months??
Or donate $28?

I only have 50 blog readers, so maybe you could each share with 5 or 6 friends.... We can fill this jar of honey if we all work together.

$8,000 seems huge to one person, but when we all "swarm" the problem together we can attack it with strength in numbers!!

Please help me bring my boys home.


Colony members:
Jamie L
Kelly M (2 spots)
Kristi C
Lisa G (June)
Rebecca (May or June)
Colleen N
Christina S
Cat H (donated)
Bobby Baird (Little B)-Done
Kimberly D
Brooke K
Cindy O.-Done
Karla A

Updated since we have received some funds :)
242 spots still left.... this will get us full funded!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jaclyn!

    I had a quick question for you regarding "A Journey to Add 2 More" and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much, and I look forward to hearing back from you!

    - Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in!! Will probably give all in some sum in May or June. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just donated $28 so that Bobby Baird (aka Little B) can join your colony. Now that he is home, he can join the fight to bring others home :)

    ReplyDelete