Love Makes Families

Love Makes Families
A family of 8 due to the blessing of adoption!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Drama, Drama, Drama and not because I have girls

They say the Lord will never give us more than we can handle. I just wish he didn't have so much faith in me.

This seems fitting to begin this post with. When I tell people just a little of what we have to deal with they think..... no way can all of these things happen to just one family. Boy, I sure wish they had been right.

So let's recap (or complain)

2005 We have Kaitlyn YAY!!! (surgery number 2 following my wisdom teeth in 2004)
2005 Kaitlyn is sick. She has sleep apnea, laryngomalacia, GERD, and a few other problems
2006 Brittany is born. So Exciting and guess what she is happy. (surgery number 3)
2007 I have my first knee surgery (surgery number 4)
2007 we move to Utah because there is no more work in Las Vegas. As a result we lose our house
2008 We lose our baby :( (surgery number 5... in just 5 years)
2009 We have Alyssa. A full term baby at last! (surgery number 6)
So that all seems pretty average.... then 2010 came

2010 Alyssa gets so sick that she is miserable, and we are not sure what is going to happen.
2010 Mom get alzheimers which tears my heart out. We had to watch my grandpa suffer with this for a long time
2010 Mom starts having siezures
2010 I have my 2nd knee surgery (yep that's 7 surgeries in just 7 years)
2010 Kaitlyn starts school which throws her into a whirl wind (she has aspbergers, OCD, PDD and social anxiety disorder)
2010 Brittany starts to act out because she is feeling like "piggy" in the middle since Alyssa is sick, and Kaitlyn is requiring extra attention
2010 Mom falls and breaks her ankle

Yay 2011 a new house and a fresh start.... ya no such luck

2011 Kaitlyn has to go to a new school, and we lose all the progress we have been working toward for 2 years
2011 Our heater breaks during freezing weather just 1 week after we move in.
2011 Our heater breaks again just 48 hours after it was "fixed"
2011 We find out that our heater was leaking carbon monoxide poisoning into the house, and if anybody had been sleeping in the basement they probably wouldn't have survived. This is insane because this is where my parents would have been sleeping had my mom not been in a wheelchair.
2011 Ian (my nephew) gets put into the hospital with RSV
2011 Alyssa gets RSV and almost follows her cousin into the hospital
2011 We have a fire in our basement (our washer literally started on fire)
2011 Kevin gets laid off
2011 Our basement floods

Talk about a bad few years..... now onto the good stuff.

All I can think of is this Faith that is not tested is not faith at all, and what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.... That being said my new goal for 2011 is to not try so hard to become the strongest and most faithful person around ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment