Love Makes Families

Love Makes Families
A family of 8 due to the blessing of adoption!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A funny story about "Targets" (Kaitlyn)

I love the innocence of children.

This was about 2 years ago a few months before Alyssa was born. A story I will never forget, and definitely worth sharing.

I had just come home from work, and went downstairs to say hi to my family. Kaitlyn (age 3) was watching tv and Kevin and Brittany were cuddling on the couch.

ME: So babe what are your plans for this weekend
Kevin: We have a priesthood event planned for Saturday morning
Me: Oh, sounds fun what are you doing
Kevin: We are shooting some targets
Kaitlyn (in a hysterical tone): NOOOOO Daddy, please don't shoot Target
Kevin: What's wrong honey? Why not?
Kaitlyn (in a more pleading tone with tears on her cheeks): Because daddy that is Aunt Veronica's favorite store, and she would be so sad if you shot Target
Kevin: No, honey I'm not going to shoot the store Target... A target is a small thing that we throw in the air and shoot it.
Kaitlyn: Oh thank goodness daddy, I was so sad
Kevin: I know honey I could tell

Wow this coming from the child who you have to say her name 10 times before she even looks up. Not sure how she even heard us, but it was so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment