Love Makes Families

Love Makes Families
A family of 8 due to the blessing of adoption!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Plan for Brittany

Around September of 2005 we decided we wanted our children to be about 18 months apart, so we stopped preventing pregnancy. Tables were turned this time around when Veronica came into Kevin's mom and dad's house crying one day and informed us all that she was pregnant. I was the one trying, and it was her that came up pregnant. I was sad because I wanted another baby, and I was still wondering in the back of my mind IF I could have any more..... The answer was yes.... only a short 2 weeks later we found out I was pregnant also.... SOOO we got to share the experience of being pregnant again. At this point people began asking us if we were scheduling this, but in all honesty the answer was no. It was fun having someone to complain to that understands what u are going through. I also got to share some of this experience with Peggy (my older sister) since she didn't have her first daughter until December. This pregnancy was much different, so I knew I must be having a boy. I was so sick all the time :( My morning sickness never went away I only gained like 8 lbs or so during the entire pregnancy. I was miserable the entire time, but I was ready.... About 8 weeks before my due date I had my bag packed, and I was ready to go. I was not about to make the same mistake twice. Ian was born 5 weeks early on July 4th. We were so thankful he made his debut safely into this world since there were some complications during his delivery. Within a week I went into labor for the first time, but they gave me terbutaline shots to stop the labor and eventually put me on pills that I took daily (after several visits back to the hospital). Apparently those didn't work either because the entire day of July 24th (about 35.5 weeks pregnant) I was having contractions every 5 minutes. I promised everyone I wouldn't ruin the fireworks since we were all in the hospital with Ian on July 4th, so I waited until after the fireworks to go in. That was a mistake because it was close to shift change. The nurse on duty didn't even call my doctor. She stopped the labor and sent me home. I didn't have any contractions at all on the 25th (my dad's birthday), but at 6:40 am on the 26th my water broke.. She was born about an hour and a half later. She was about 4 weeks early, but I was prepared this time around. So my kids ended up being about 17 months apart which was pretty close to the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment