Love Makes Families

Love Makes Families
A family of 8 due to the blessing of adoption!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

The best birthday EVER

So, I am not usually a big birthday person. I am for my kids and hubby, but I do not normally make a big deal out of my birthday. Today it was different. Different because an amazing friend of mine, who in my heart is more like family, got sealed to her husband today. They were not only sealed, but they were sealed in the same temple that my hubby and I were sealed in just 10 short years ago (well in 47 more days it will be 10 years). The ceremony was very special to me, and I cried like a baby. I am so happy for the both of them. It was amazing being inside the temple on my birthday. I might just have to make that a tradition.
We ended up being there a lot longer than expected.... We are not sure what happened, but they left us sitting in the sealing room for almost and hour. that was after the 30 minute wait in the waiting room. Then another 30 minutes after. We were there for almost 3 hours total when we only expected about 1 hour. If I had to be someplace longer than expected, I couldn't think of a better place.
The eternal couple.... Baelie and Cory







 Yeni and Baelie with 2 of Baelie's and Cory's grandbabies :)




 The kids, grandkids and parents :)










 Baelie and me :)

 Two eternal couples :) More than friends...... family
 Two more (well one more) happy eternal couples :)
 Kevin and I decided to take a photo op of our 10 year anniversary of our temple sealing..... I would put a before and after, but I am not sure I have any photos from 10 years ago :(





After we left the temple, we went and picked up our kids from Beverly. We chatted for about 45 mins then headed off the dinner. We went to Chilis for dinner and it was super yummy. They brought me out an awesome brownie sundae :)
When we got home I had an awesome surprise waiting for me..... Some gifts and cards from my family and 2 cards in the mail..... One of those items in the mail turned out to be another awesome present. A sweet friends named Sarah made this beautiful photo for me. The crazy thing is that I am pretty sure she did not know that today was my birthday. I  opened this first and immediately started bawling. I love this little man. Even though we were not able to bring him home, he will be in my heart always. A son of my heart!!


No comments:

Post a Comment