Love Makes Families

Love Makes Families
A family of 8 due to the blessing of adoption!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Potty Training Success Day!!

We have been potty training Alyssa for 11 days now. She went to the bathroom in the "big girl potty"for the very first time 10 days ago. She has gradually gotten better each day.
We decided to try the no pull ups or diaper method (even a bed time, nap and in the car).
We have done many loads of laundry (mostly consisting of soaking wet panties), but we were happy to see progress. On the plus side she always woke up dry in the mornings and at nap (except 1 time at nap). 
Today was the BIG day!! She didn't have any accidents (unless you count banging on the bathroom door for someone to open it and peeing a little in her undies- which happened only once).
Her reward.... a sleep over in her sisters' room. She has been trying to sleep in there for weeks, so I told her that if she stayed dry for an entire day, she could sleep in there.
I can't believe she is doing so well already... It took my older 2 almost a year to be completely done with pull-ups. I am a true believe in the "no crutches" method!!

2 comments:

  1. You did it! I love that she got a sleepover for her reward. Now that's a great prize. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it took my friends daughter till she as 3/1/2 to 4 years old to potty train but not on the potty my friend towel potty trained her daughter. Which was my niece.

    ReplyDelete