Love Makes Families

Love Makes Families
A family of 8 due to the blessing of adoption!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sick Girl

I have just been to the doctors/hospital with Brittany. She was diagnosed with strep last week. It seemed like it was getting better until all of a sudden she took a turn for the worse. She said her hurt to bend her knees or walk. She said she was so tired and even proved it by sleeping over 15 hours in one day. I called the doctor today, and they suggested that I take her straight to the local Children's hospital... I decided to go into the doctor's office first... We may still be going in the next hour, but for now we wait....

They think she may have rheumatic fever, and if her blood tests come back questionable, we have to take her in to have some tests ran on her heart. Apparently rheumatic fever can cause permanent damage to your heart :(

While at the doctor they also said she has contracted another virus on top of Strep plus she has a massive double ear infection.... She has to go see the ENT next week. Sounds like she might be the owner of a new set of tubes soon. She has one set in already, but they are definitely not working.

My sweet girl asked me if she stopped "being" sick could I just take her home and not make her see the doctor. My sweet girl was already so sad from losing a friend out of her class (he is moving)....
          She was pretty happy about putting that hospital bracelet on.... but not quite as happy after the blood draw. She was very brave though. They even let her bring a few goodies home with her after....

2 comments:

  1. Poor thing. Keep me posted on how she is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I hate it when they are sick. I found you thru grumpy mom blog. I'm following. Would love the follow at http://www.the-mommyhood-chronicles.com

    ReplyDelete