Love Makes Families

Love Makes Families
A family of 8 due to the blessing of adoption!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

June 22, 2011 A Bad Day for pets!

Around Midnight on the morning of the 22nd I was just getting ready to go to bed. I always feed all our pets right before bed. I fed the hampsters like I normally do (although I decided not to take them out to play with them since it had been a long day, and I was super tired). I went to feed the fish and crab (2 separate tanks). I remembered that my Kaitlyn had mentioned that her favorite fish had been missing. I was on a fish hunt in our big tank when I noticed that only 3 of our 4 hampsters came out to eat. I abandoned the fish hunt, and went to check on the hampsters. I picked up their home, and found Brittany's hampster, dead. It appeared he injured himself on the metal hampster wheel, crawled back inside his home, and died. I knew Brittany would be devastated. I called my mom and had her come upstairs and help me clean out the cage. Once we were done there, I asked her if she would help me find Kaitlyn's fish. We couldn't find it, and noticed that we were missing more like 5 fish. As we watched we saw our Chinese Algae Eater attacking all the other fish. We thought to ourselves.... We will teach you little algae eater. So, we put him in with the crab only to discover that the crab was dead too. 

What a BAD day for pets! They were all alive earlier when I fed them and played with them. We lost 1 hampster, 1 crab and 5 fish :(

So, While my kids went with mom and dad to take Dylan home, I went to the pet store. I bought 2 new crabs, 2 new fish and this little guy.....

 We call him peaches. I'm sure it's easy to tell why.
 We had to make him his own home since the other 3 would attack him. You can only house siblings together if they have never been separated from each other.
 This is what our new set-up looks like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment