Love Makes Families

Love Makes Families
A family of 8 due to the blessing of adoption!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Grandma's Funeral

Grandma's funeral was today. It was an extremely difficult day for all the people that loved her so dearly. 
It was a beautiful service. My mom's part of the Eulogy was awesome. She was funny and made everyone remember all the amazing things my grandma taught her and us. (I will see if I can steal it to post later).

Alyssa was feeling much better today... She was spinning this chair all around and driving this mommy a touch crazy. 
 She looked at me and said "Mom I hiding." Poor girl knocked her chair over backwards within seconds of me snapping this picture!
 My beautiful family! This is the best one we could get because Kait was having a very rough day.
This is the best one of everyone else, but she is being a touch grumpy.
During the service, all the grandkids and great grandkids got up to sing "I am a Child of God."
 The pall bearers carrying Grandma's body to it's final resting place.



 Kevin was an honorary pall bearer. That is him on the right of the picture.
 All the pallbearers giving their boutonnieres to Grandma... 
Kevin is there in the back.

 Curtis is next to Kevin.


 Uncle Roy getting ready to dedicate the grave... I will post the video in the next post.
 All the loved ones.... My mom is the 2nd one from the left sitting down.



 Grandma chose this casket herself. It is just beautiful.
 Alyssa just loved Laurie!
 Dad is gathering roses for all of the Daughters.
 My mom surrounded by her grandkids.
 Cheri had to accept her mom's rose since Barbara was unable to make the funeral (She is in a home to do the advanced stage of her alzheimers). 
 My aunt Sandee with her Rose.

 Dad giving Darlene hers. He is always so thoughtful.

 Daren and Joyce. My favorite uncle... just ask him ;)
 All of my mom's kids and grandkids that could make it today (Angie couldn't make it)
Curtis, Peggy, Kevin, Me, Dad, Mom, Alex, Kaitlyn, Kathryn, Brittany, Joshua and Alyssa.
 My Grandma's ward set up a luncheon for the family.
Alyssa, Ian, and Brittany
 Mom, Dad, Troy and McKenzie
 Mom and Dad.
 Doris and Kevin
 Kevin, Alex and Darlene
 Daren, Dave and Joyce
 Joyce and Lynzi

 Uncle Barry.
Today was an emotionally draining day. I am just thankful for my Grandma and the imprint she left on my life. She will always be a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment