Love Makes Families

Love Makes Families
A family of 8 due to the blessing of adoption!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Motherhood is so unfair!

Motherhood is so unfair in soooo many ways.

I am outnumbered!!!
There are 3 of them and only 1 of me.
They have more energy than me.... by a long shot!!!! I could not drink enough energy drinks to have even half the energy of only 1 of my kids.
My kids are already smarter than me!!
How did this happen?!?! I thought I was pretty smart, but my kids are already correcting me
(sad part is they are normally right)!
They are stronger than me (well one for sure), but I will NEVER let them know that!! 
They are cuter than me (they get all the attention in public... no more compliments for this mom ;).
It only takes them 10 minutes to destroy the house and it take me 10 hours to clean it!
Why can't I clean it as fast as they mess it up?!?! Come on how is that fair?
They get more sleep than me..... I know they need more sleep, but I am the one that is always tired :(

Motherhood is just so unfair, but for some reason I value it more than life itself.
I wouldn't trade being a mother for all the energy, intelligence, strength, good looks, sleep, or money in the world. Even a maid wouldn't make me want to trade them in. Hmmmmm a maid sure does sound nice though ;)

I love my kids so much!!! I still stand by my saying that Heavenly Father makes them so cute, so they can make it through those first few years of life :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree! Sometimes I feel like I just follow around behind them with a shovel to clean up their messes.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete