Love Makes Families

Love Makes Families
A family of 8 due to the blessing of adoption!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Heart Update

I went to see me doctor again today. I was supposed to get results tomorrow, but I am still 
very uncomfortable and in a lot of pain :(
When he came in he pulled up the report from my echo which he had just received. The first thing he told me is that my Left Ventricle which apparently pumps blood through my body is working very well. He said it is functioning at 75% which is actually really good..... He then told me that I have a valve that is "regurgitating." 
From what I understand this means the blood is going the wrong way through the valve....my Aunt says it is MVP (it could be any valve but the mitral valve is the most common). Basically there is nothing they can do to fix it. I will have it for the rest of my life and "attacks" can come on at any time and last for as long as a month at a time. They gave me some very strong muscle relaxers, anxiety meds and strong anti inflamitory meds (which should also ease the pain). He said the sooner we get the discomfort and anxiety gone the better :) If I have not gotten relief from the pain in 3 weeks, they will send me in for testing and may have to go in and "fix" it.

Here is a little info on MVP

Pray for me please... I know I'm going to need it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no. So you just live with this. Wonder why it is just now showing up? Sorry I am so late sending this comment. I did not see that you had posted it. Go relax and don't be making any more hairbows!!

    ReplyDelete